With the Healthcare industry entering an unprecedented growth period, there has never been a greater demand for talent and resources. As a business service provider in the healthcare space, Barton Associates is primed for significant growth in the coming years, and we’re looking for talented people to join our team and grow along with us.
That’s where you come in!
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), the Controller will be responsible for oversight of all finance, accounting, and reporting activities. The Controller will manage all day-to-day finance operations and supervise a growing team with functional responsibility over financial reporting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and credit/collections. This position not only requires appropriate financial skills but also the ability to understand the company’s sales operations with the ability to think and act strategically alongside senior management.
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP and tax reporting requirements.
- Manage weekly client billing and provider payment processes.
- Regularly interact and respond to the needs and requests of Barton Associates’ clients, providers, and operations staff in timely and professional manner.
- Consistently analyze financial data and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements; monitor progress and changes and keep senior leadership abreast of Barton Associates’ financial status.
- Provide leadership in the annual budgeting and planning process; administer and review all financial plans and compare to actual results with a view to identify, explain, and correct variances as appropriate.
- Oversee an active and diligent credit management and collections process.
- Support the CFO in preparing presentations and summaries of key performance indicators for senior management and the board of directors.
- Manage organizational cash flow forecasting.
- Provide input to improve cost control, revenue growth, profitability and creation of corporate value throughout the company.
- Play an active role in developing and enhancing all financial systems to maximize reporting efficiencies.
- Maintain and manage a strong internal control environment with emphasis on proper financial reporting and safeguarding of assets.
- Serve as a coach and mentor to the finance team ensuring appropriate individual career development of all team members.
- Certified public accountant with over eight years experience working in a public/private accounting environment.
- Working knowledge of general ledger accounting and transaction processes required for a privately held service company.
- Detail orientation and an interest in a broad hands-on role in the accounting function.
- Aptitude for accuracy and timeliness.
- Computer literacy with proficiency in Google and Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and financial management software (Sage preferred)
- Excellent planning, communication and leadership skills and potential.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
Barton Associates specializes in providing the healthcare industry with best-in- class staffing (Locum Tenens) services throughout the United States. Since its inception, Barton has prided itself on building exceptional relationships with both its clients and providers, all of which originates from their world-class training program and strong commitment to their employees.
Locum tenens, a Lat...in term meaning “holding the place,” is a $3.6 billion industry that is projected to reach $6.2, billion in the next 5 years. As our industry continues its rapid growth path, Barton Associates is poised to grow along with it. In 2001, Barton Associates was founded in a small office in Massachusetts’ North Shore. Since then, the company has grown to over 600 employees in 8 offices across 6 states (Massachusetts, Florida, Connecticut, Texas, New Hampshire, and Arizona) with more on the horizon.