First Northern Bank & Trust is looking for an experienced Commercial Lender to manage and grow an existing portfolio. Ability to process commercial loan applications, credit analysis and to prepare presentation for committee or Board review. Position requires a minimum of 8-10 years’ experience in lending and strong new business development.
• Responsible for new loan requests from new or existing customer base. Conduct a financial analysis to verify credit worthiness, ensure risk and feasibility of request and prepare formal loan documentation for presentation to Loan Committee or Board of Directors.
• Manage and grow a loan portfolio.
• Build in-depth knowledge of each assigned loan relationship understanding strengths and weaknesses of borrower and risk to bank.
• Build customer relationships by cross selling bank products and services
• Confer and work closely with credit analysts on loan requests.
• Develop new business by meeting with prospective commercial customers.
• Work in conjunction with Collections/Workout Officer in the collection of past due accounts and wok out problem loans.
• 8-10 years in lending
• 4 year degree in related field preferred, but not required.
• Relationship building and management skills.
• Understand and apply risk management policy and procedures.
About First Northern Bank and Trust Co.
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
First Northern Bank & Trust will remain an independent, locally owned and operated, tried and true community Bank. Our mission is to profitably serve the financial needs of the people and businesses in each of the eleven communities for which our retail network extends. The Bank will operate as it always has, in a highly prudent and conservative manner that enhances and secures shareholder value with minimal risk, while at the same time promoting a culture intensely focused on the customer experience; and on the retention and addition of long-term relationships through each of its customer interactions, one transaction at a time.
OUR VISION STATEMENT
The vision of the Bank is to become the premier provider of community Bank financial services in each of the markets we serve. We will distinguish ourselves from our competitors by maintaining and marketing those traits, which make us a safer and more secure Bank than any of our peers, both local and national. Specifically, our Bank is extremely well-capitalized, with strong liquidity, in excess of most competitors. Profitable, sustainable, and natural-internal growth will result from a Bank-wide collecti...ve effort intensely focused on the “customer experience.” Sound proactive planning, vigilance, and execution, coupled with the continued development and daily improvement of our line and staff, will be the means through which we meet and exceed our goals.