Community College of Philadelphia is dedicated to promoting a work environment which attracts and retains talented and diverse faculty and staff, and which challenges each of us to achieve at the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College. We value and support a culturally diverse and intellectually dynamic community to prepare our students for global citizenship. Join us as we transition from our first 50 years into the next and build upon a legacy that will impact the city of Philadelphia and beyond.
Community College of Philadelphia is seeking to fill a Bursar Teller (Temporary) position. Serving as the front office representative for the College's Bursar Office, this position assists students with financial transactions related to their student account. Responsibilities include daily processing and posting of payments, while providing quality customer service to students, staff and faculty. This position will require scheduling flexibility for day, evening and weekend hours on an as needed basis.
For a complete position description, and to apply online, please visit our career site at jobs.ccp.edu, or click the “Apply” button.
Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
• Two (2) years cash handling experience in a computerized environment required.
• Previous customer service experience required.
• Ability to collect proper payment, give correct change and process payments in a manner that ensures accuracy required.
• Ability to comply with internal control procedures as they relate to the handling of cash required.
• Previous experience using an enterprise-wide system required.
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills required.
• Associate's degree in Accounting or Business related field preferred.
• Previous work experience with Banner in a student information system preferred.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel preferred.
Community College of Philadelphia is the largest public institution of higher education in the City. Since 1965, over 500,000 students have passed through our doors seeking associate's degrees, certificates, improved workplace skills and lifelong learning. Many of our degree students transfer to four-year institutions while others seek employment in the Philadelphia region. Over 90 percent of our graduates remain in the area and seek employment, strengthening our local economy and workforce. Local businesses look to us to provide workplace training to keep their workers skilled and their companies competitive.
We offer over 70 degree and certificate programs in art, science, business, technology and liberal arts. Many of our students have hectic schedules, and we know how to accommodate every type of learner. Classes are held during the day, in the evening and on Saturdays at the Main Campus, our three Regional Centers and at neighborhood sites throughout the City. Distance education classes are also available.
BACK TO TOP
PA Banking Career Center is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else PBASC Membership has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at PA Banking Career Center.
For customer support, please call 1-888-491-8833 Ext. 2240 (Extension Required)