PAE-Operations and Quality Administration - Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh - (20000136)
The Division of Philanthropic & Alumni Engagement (PAE) cultivates relationships with contributors, alumni, and other constituents on behalf of the University of Pittsburgh and UPMC, generating support for teaching, research, and care. As the hub for development and alumni relations efforts, PAE contributes to a bold, vibrant, and diverse academic community.
There is a primary focus on:
* Philanthropy to the University and UPMC, which drives innovation and enhances opportunities for students, faculty, researchers, and clinicians.
* Alumni relationships, expressed across a community of 318,000 alumni spanning the globe.
This purposeful, collaborative work--supported by donor engagement and giving--ensures that Pitt and UPMC grow stronger each year, benefitting this community, our region, and the wider world. In summary, the successful incumbent will develop and compile monthly financial and operational reports and manage the entire purchasing function for PAE. Other responsibilities include the competencies to: Process, monitor, and coordinate the review of vendor and consultant contracts; Perform complex, ad hoc analyses for senior management and AVC including financial analysis and budget/expense utilization analysis; Develop and document financial policies and procedures as needed between UPMC and Pitt; Develop appropriate financial internal controls in compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act; Build and maintain collaborative relationships with colleagues across the Division, and with Senior PAE Management, Business Operations, Audit, Accounting, and Finance Offices.
As one of the fastest growing and progressive units within the University, some of the details about the recruitment of a Director of Finance follows: Under the supervision of the Associate Vice Chancellor (AVC), Operations and Integration, the incumbent will direct:
* All health sciences and schools & centers budgets
* All financial reporting within PAE
* All schools and centers vendor and consulting contracts and special projects * All budget loads and reporting in PBCS (Planning and Budgeting Cloud Solution)
* All annual target letters
* All staff travel cards and Concur protocols
* 990 Tax filing with University tax department
* All department accounting including cash transfers, deposits and payments
* All workshops/educational seminars with staff on any CFO-controlled platform, i.e. PRISM, Concur and Panther Express (PEX)
* And supervise a financial administrator Additional competencies include:
* Excellent customer service capacity and execution
* Leadership and mentoring skills
* Refined presentation skills
* Ability and flexibility to adapt in a growth environment
* Experience with and/or knowledge of diverse communities is a plus
Bachelor's degree required, Master's preferred with a concentration in Accounting/Business preferred such as a MBA and/or CPA. Functional years' of experience will be considered with applicants holding a bachelor's degree as an alternative to a master's degree. Extensive knowledge of Microsoft software, including Access is strongly preferred.
The University of Pittsburgh is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and values equality of opportunity, human dignity and diversity. EOE, including disability/vets
Assignment Category: Fulltime-Regular
Job Classification: Staff.Administrator.IV
Minimum Education Level Required: Master's
Minimum Experience Level Required: 5-6 years experience
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m
Hiring Range: $46,644.00 - $76,440.00
Relocation Offered: No
Visa Sponsorship Provided: No
Background Check: For position finalists, employment with the University will require successful completion of a background check
Child Protection Clearances: Not Applicable
Required Documents: Resume, Cover Letter
Internal Number: 20000136
About University of Pittsburgh
Founded in 1787, the same year the U.S. Constitution was signed, the University of Pittsburgh is one of the oldest institutions of higher education in the United States. One of three state-related research universities in Pennsylvania, Pitt is a member of the Association of American Universities (AAU), which comprises 62 preeminent doctorate-granting research institutions in North America.Pitt faculty members have expanded knowledge in the humanities and sciences, earning such prestigious honors as the National Medal of Science, the MacArthur Foundation’s “genius” grant, the Lasker-DeBakey Clinical Medical Research Award, and election to the National Academy of Sciences and the Institute of Medicine. Pitt scientists have defeated polio, unlocked the secrets of DNA, lead the world in organ transplantation, and pioneered TV and heavier-than-air flight, among numerous other accomplishments.Pitt students have earned Rhodes, Goldwater, Marshall, and Truman Scholarships, among other highly competitive national and international scholarships.Alumni have pioneered MRI and TV, won Nobel and Pulitzer Prizes, led corporations and universities, served in government and the military, conquered Hollywood and The New York Times bestsellers list, and won Super Bowls and NBA championships.