Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
The payroll department supports the entire scope of pay operations for CMU, to include staff, faculty and students, international and domestic multi-state locations, and works in close collaboration with the human resources division.
We are searching for a Global Payroll Specialist to join our team of experts dedicated to processing payroll and administering related pay activities for the university's faculty, staff and students (i.e., standard and off-cycle payroll runs, W-2 processing, garnishment maintenance, treaty documentation for non-resident aliens, etc.).
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who thrives in an interesting and challenging work environment!
Core responsibilities will include:
- Performing gross-to-net payroll processing and adjustment activities
- Processing benefit and retirement adjustments that require payroll input.
- Oversight of the department's case management queue.
- Follow-up on inquiries, perform research and analysis, ensure accurate resolution or bring up issues to the appropriate individual on the team.
You must demonstrate:
- Ability to complete Tier 2 payroll processes in the context of a multi-tier customer inquiry and issue resolution model
- Ability to demonstrate accountability and a strong dedication to meeting team objectives
- In-depth knowledge of Payroll transactional processes and related administrative activities, including relevant taxation and compliance considerations
- Ability to contribute to an outstanding customer-service environment, including application of tact and diplomacy when dealing with customers
- Ability to adapt efficiently to changing policy, process and system requirements in support of a continuous improvement model
Flexibility, excellence, and passion are vital qualities within the Finance Division. Inclusion, collaboration and cultural sensitivity are valued competencies at CMU. Therefore, we are in search of a team member who is able to effectively interact with a varied population of internal and external partners at a high level of integrity. We are looking for someone who shares our values and who will support the mission of the university through their work.
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent combination of training and experience
- 3 to 5 years of Payroll experience
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- CPP (Certified Payroll Professional) or FPC (Fundamental Payroll Certification) preferred
- Successful Background Check
Are you interested in this opportunity? Please apply!
CMU's COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements: As a condition of employment, Carnegie Mellon University requires all staff and faculty working in the United States to be fully vaccinated, including a booster when eligible, against COVID-19. Prior to commencement of employment, new hires in the United States must provide proof of vaccination or obtain an approved exemption. (Exemptions may be requested for medical reasons or for religious or strong moral or ethical conviction.) Staff and faculty must comply with all applicable COVID-19 mitigation requirements. Please see Minimum Requirements to Return to Campus for details regarding the university's current COVID-19 mitigation requirements.
Staff - Regular
Full Time/Part time
Please visit "Why Carnegie Mellon" to learn more about becoming part of an institution inspiring innovations that change the world.
Click here to view a listing of employee benefits
Carnegie Mellon University is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.
Statement of Assurance