Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Carnegie Mellon University's Finance Division provides financial management, enterprise planning and stewardship in support of education, research and strategic goals of the university. By providing data, insight, and analysis, we assist leadership and the university community in the financial decisions that fulfill its mission while maintaining a position of financial strength.
We are currently searching for an International Cash Accountant to join our team! The International Cash Accountant performs a variety of accounting activities in a multicurrency environment and in accordance with international accounting principles and standards to control the organization's financial resources and ensure that it aligns with all relevant regulations, laws and reporting requirements. You will be required to obtain knowledge and understanding of international tax regulations and accounting principles as well as internal University procedures, intercompany accounting and the University's international contracts.
Your core responsibilities will include:
- Collect, compile, verify and analyze financial information and prepare financial reports and accounting statements
- Reconcile cash accounts and assist with analyzing the accuracy of journal entries to ensure that the general ledger is accurate and complete
- Assist with the oversight and management of cash activities
- Reconciliations of cash accounts, management of account balances, assistance with letter-of-credit management, billing and receivable oversight and the reconciliation and maintenance of bank accounts in all countries of operation
- Cash projection and forecasting
- Maintain and build relationships with a variety of individuals located at various university locations throughout the world to ensure efficient cash operations and resolution of issues as they arise.
- Additional responsibilities may include, general finance and accounting functions assigned to you which could include general ledger accounting, journal entries and monthly reconciliations as well as assistance with budget projections, analysis of financial data and trends, review and creation of financial spreadsheets and auditing for compliance to University policies and procedures
Flexibility, excellence, and passion are vital qualities within the Finance Division. Inclusion, collaboration and cultural sensitivity are valued competencies at CMU. Therefore, we are in search of a team member who is able to effectively interact with a varied population of internal and external partners at a high level of integrity. We are looking for someone who shares our values and who will support the mission of the university through their work.
You should demonstrate:
- Familiarity with facilitating international travel, procurement activities relating to our various international campuses and programs, and preparation of international shipments
- Ability to apply individual discretion and judgement
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance from a four-year college or university; MBA or other advanced degree in accounting, finance, or business administration is preferred
- 3+ years cash accounting experience
- Knowledge of international accounting standards, GAAP, experience with Oracle is ideal
- Successful background check
- This position is operating on a hybrid schedule, with an on-campus/in office presence 2 days a week.
Are you interested in this exciting opportunity? Apply today!
CMU's COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements: As a condition of employment, Carnegie Mellon University requires all staff and faculty working in the United States to be fully vaccinated, including a booster when eligible, against COVID-19. Prior to commencement of employment, new hires in the United States must provide proof of vaccination or obtain an approved exemption. (Exemptions may be requested for medical reasons or for religious or strong moral or ethical conviction.) Staff and faculty must comply with all applicable COVID-19 mitigation requirements. Please see Minimum Requirements to Return to Campus for details regarding the university's current COVID-19 mitigation requirements.
Financial Planning, Analysis, Accounting and Reporting
Staff - Regular
Full Time/Part time
Please visit "Why Carnegie Mellon" to learn more about becoming part of an institution inspiring innovations that change the world.
Click here to view a listing of employee benefits
Carnegie Mellon University is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.
Statement of Assurance